Concept & Narrative

What does Northern Soul & Sheffield street style mean to me?


> Before this project I had only heard the term 'Northern Soul' but never knew what it was or what it meant.
> After researching the subculture the aspect of Northern Soul that stuck out to me the most was that everyone that was involved in the scene said that it felt like a family to them.
> To me, Sheffield has meant family as my brother lived in Sheffield before I did so I always associated Sheffield with seeing him.
> Therefore my brother and I are going to feature in the video and the photoshoot to convey this theme of family.

Concept:

> To showcase family in a casual/candid way around locations in Sheffield, including references to Northern Soul.

Narrative:

> Brother and sister walking round Sheffield visiting their favourite locations/stores.

> Candid shots:
- Flicking through boxes of records in Bear Tree Record store.
- Looking through clothes in vintage store - Mooch/Vulgar.
- Camera following us from behind as we're walking.
- Laughing/talking shots.
- Drinking coffee at Steamyard Coffee co.

> Northern Soul references:
- Close up of fist pumping the air.
- Picking up Northern Soul records in Bear Tree Records.
- Including Northern Soul themed garments.

> Street art:
- A still shot in front of street art with each of us walking in front of it.
- Panning shots of outfits.
- Posing

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Northern Soul in Sheffield

Concept Moodboard